Monday, January 22, 2007

To my customers and would be customers

So I had an issue last night with a would be customer who we will call X. Now X seemed nice at first, wanted custom work, w hich if any of you have read my profile lately, it says im not taking custom work right now. But I figured since I had a bit of time and what she wanted was easy enough, I would take this one. Now later on in the night X became very rude towards my friends and I while we were out. Which lead me to the decision of not doing X's work.

Now when I told X this they became very rude, telling me how long they had been in SL (they were messaging me on an alt it would seem, anyone who knows me knows I hate the alt game with a passion) and how I was making a very bad business decision. It went on and on. Now I have done work in customer service in RL for 4+ years. And I know the whole thing where the "Customer is always right" Ummm no sorry not in my book. The customer is not always right. I reserve the right to refuse business, it is my business after all. To me, someone being whiney and complaining because they are'nt getting their own way does not give them the right to stomp all over the hard working people wether it is in RL or in Sl.

Yes EBT is a business within Second Life, but I do it for a hobby, this is a game folks, I do the tattoos because it gives me one of many creative outlets. I dont often take on custom work, but if you are nice about it and ask nicely then I will be more then happy to, If you turn into a rude customer you can forget it.

Being nice and considerate and not acting like a 14yr old highschool drama queen will get you a long way with me. Being rude will get you muted and banned from my stores. Plain and simple, is it a bad business decision to do this? Maybe, but I would rather have a happy SL then one filled with rude customers because they have keyboard bravery.

if something is wrong with my product by my own fault, I am more then happy to replace it, I have even replaced products that SL has eatten in that oh so lovely rezz bug or inventory loss. I have no problem admiting that hey I messed up on ths tatt and here is a replacement.

So to all the would be customers out there in SL, please show the creators here some respect, remember SL is a game where the people playing it are the content creators. Without them, you would not have a SL.

~Stormy Wilde

2 comments:

foehn Breed said...

Wow! That's too bad, you and your work are great!
When you did my Rez Day tatt I asked you to do, you looked at my idea and replied "Np!" as busy as you are.
And I love it and appreciate creators such as yourself, don't let a person get you down, you have a lot of fans! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - I totally agree. I don't tattoo, but own a piercing shop.

Two high maintenence customers came in today. One toting a newborn in a carriage, the other about to give birth in the next several months.

Both looked like they belonged on BAD GIRLS club once they ran their mouths.

One apparently was the spokesperson: she comes into the office and says one word AT ME without so much as a HELLO: She said "NOSE RING."

I looked at her and asked, you need a nose ring?

She said: Nose piercing.

That was it.

I said ok someone want s nose p iercing. Which one?

She said: I had mine pierced. It "grew up" (I assume she meant closed on her.) She was far from GROWN UP. I thought she spoke cave woman for a minute. I couldnt figure out why she was so cold and wordless.

I said ok so you want to get repierced.

She said yeah. And her (pointing at pregnant friend).

She then said: do you have any rings I can see.

I said ok you want a ring?

She said no, a stud.

I said we have nostril screws with the twist but no straight studs. Is that what you want? Its the corkscrew style.

She replied I want the one with a crystal in it.

I said I am out of crystal clear nostril screws but we have other colors.

She shook her head pissed off. She said no. And then stood there.

Her friend finally proved she could speak.

She said: Show me the ones you have in color. I said ok...was trying to find where the ones on my display card were.

The pregnant hormonal one said you know I am getting some major attitude.

I sat there and looked at her. I said - no. I am trying to determine who wants to be pierced and with what as well as find the nostril screw display (Ihad been cleaning earlie r and forgot to put it back in the display case).

She said well you have an attitude.

I sat there looking at her thinking to myself...why do people go out in public if they are having a bad day? My sign clearly states we are closed for an hour right as they werewalking in...but business is business and I stayed anyways. I told them I needed to get them to come i n for an appointment as we can't take walkins today. We were busy with appts afterbreak and into the evening.

The pregnant lady said show me them anyways and yeah you have an attitude. I said, no. The door is that way. I am not piercing you.

She kept talking shit as she walked out. The original cave woman was quiet and pissy as they walked out while the pregnantone was bitching. I said I can refer another person to them and she said shut up you dont need to keep talking as well as fuck you that was disguised as her saying TOUCH YOU. LMAO.

I said since I own the place - I can talk all day. And good luck finding someone who will pierce a pregnant woman.

UNREAL the shit we put up with and why would you want to piss off your artist?

All ofour customers have been really great with the exception of a few that think they are bad ass and act like they hate people in general. Why do they even bother going out?

WHy get pierced when pregnant? Why bring a baby into a piercing shop? Why come in with an attitude and challenge the shop owner to a duel?